In Theaters Today: Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D) Re-release!

In theaters today, (for those of you, die hard SW fans) Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (originally released May 19, 1999) in 3D re-release starring Natalie Portman (Padme/Queen Amidala), Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Jake Lloyd, and along with them for the nostalgic ride on this first movie of the prequel trilogy was a young, then unknown, and yes, an uncredited Keira Knightley as Sabe, a decoy or rather one of Queen Amidala's handmaidens disguised as the Queen. 

Witness the beginning. Share the Experience. Feel the Force surround you...in 3D!

Synopsis
Two Jedi Knights uncover a wider conflict when they are sent as emissaries to the blockaded planet Naboo.

Watch Star Wars: Episode I
The Phantom Menace 3D Trailer 

 
(source: )

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (1999)  - DVD - Screen Captures
featuring Keira Knightley as Sabe
See all of KK's...

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Promo image of Keira Knightley as decoy Queen Amidala
and new movie poster 3D

Also, more Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace Promos, Stills, and Behind The Scenes (all via Sweet-Keira)

Interesting The Phantom Menace Trivia (via IMDB)...

Did You Know?
  • In scenes where Padme and Queen Amidala appear together, Natalie Portman is Padme, while Keira Knightley is Sabe, one of the handmaidens disguised as the Queen
  • When fully dressed and in make-up, Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley resembled each other so much, that even Knightley's mother Sharman Macdonald, who visited the set, had trouble identifying her own daughter. 
Factual errors 
Keira Knightley's name is misspelled as Kiera in the end credits.


Speaking of Keira Knightley and this SW film with Natalie Portman...
Of course, this was young Keira Knightley (wow, in 1999, she was like what around 14 years old at the time too!) an unknown before she became a big star, before she was universally recognized and pre-Pirates movies, Bend It Like Beckham, and Pride & Prejudice to name a few of her many films. I didn't know and had never heard of Keira Knightley (or maybe I did and I just don't remember, lol) when I first saw this film and did not even noticed that Natalie Portman actually had another actress playing a decoy to her Queen Amidala. I thought at the time she played both roles quite convincingly, but then again, I was never a huge Star Wars movies fan to even care about the minor little details of every scene of this film or the other SW movies. I've seen them all, but I'm not a big fan, just a movie watcher, watching the movies just to see what all the hype was all about. I like old Star Wars too with Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, and Carrie Fisher, but just not a big fan of the whole SW series (prequel or older movies). I also like Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, and Ewan McGregor...so had to watch the prequel trilogy even though they were all just ok for me.

Back to The Phantom Menace, interestingly, I so did not know that Keira played Natalie's Queen Amidala's decoy until after I've seen her about 6-7 years later in P&P movie and was searching for more movies to see her in. That's when I saw on her IMDB listing of her films and noticed this film listed there and had to go back and see this movie again (which I've only seen once in 1999), so had to see it around 2005-2006 or so just to see KK's scenes on it with NP and that's when I finally noticed that...duh...KK was indeed in this film with NP and had a small and an uncredited role. Keira does resemble Natalie a little bit, but looking at them closely, you can easily tell them apart. Not too mention, in those screen captures, KK was taller than Natalie Portman, so it's funny that I did not even noticed that it was her (and the two of them together in a few scenes side-by-side...who knew these two were in a movie together without me noticing it until years later?! lol... Interesting too that they had not been in a movie together since this one...), but then again, I didn't know who Keira was then nor was I a fan of hers until after I've seen her in P&P movie, so...

So yeah, that's my thoughts about KK's part in this film...just thought I'd mention and talk about it here while I'm at it and still on the same topic, lol...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script